jeudi 23 avril 2009

This is it!

Tomorrow is the Day. When I retake the Exam. To decide what will happen with my Future (note the dramatic effect of capitals, impressive huh?). Last year I wasn't ready apparently, I failed the entrance exam royally and was "forced" to stay in Paris for another year. It was sort of bittersweet, because even though I really wanted to get going with my Masters, this little year "off" has taught me a lot (not only French), especially on a personal level.
This time around I'll be extremely disappointed if I fail though. I won't pretend otherwise. Ignore my measly attempts to be brave, me saying "It's not the end of the world...", because if I don't pull through this year, I'll be really really sad.
Problem is though, how do I prepare for an exam like this one? It'll be divided in three parts; first one consists of general Swedish difficulties, my fave-part actually where I will doubt my beloved mother-tongue 'til the end of days. You're Swedish? You think you knew your language? Well think again my friend! Even more so, in this case there is no room for mistakes either since at the end of the day, if I don't know Swedish, what kind of translator would I make? A poor one! Indeed. Second part consists of two texts in English, to be translated into perfect idiomatic Swedish, followed up by the third parts and two texts in French which are to be translated accordingly. Not a walk in the park, I'll tell you that much.
Despite my attempts to have a nicely planned and laid out backup-plan if option A doesn't work out, I still find myself in the same situation as I was last year. I have, of course since I am me, put all the eggs in one basket, and if I do indeed fail, where shall I go next? I have different suggestions coming in from all kinds of directions; there's Berlin (extremely random but not entirely unthinkable), Amsterdam (which probably seems as the most obvious choice), Sweden (my mother's choice), and the list goes on. England? Spain? I'd love to go to Spain. Stretch out on the beach, learn Spanish, sip margharitas. However, there is that little glitch in the plan with the fact that I wouldn't know what to do with myself over there. Work? Study? Right, maybe that plan needs a little bit more adjustment...
So all of you, please think of me a little bit more than usual tomorrow around noon (the exam is between 12h and 17h) and I'll make sure to pull through for all of you who worry, or who don't worry, either way I'll do my very best.

Pre-exam hugs!

Aucun commentaire: