samedi 28 février 2009

Along came spring...

...and swept all the troubles away. Or maybe not all troubles, that is not even technically possible. However, miraculously, as soon as the sun is out everything seems so wonderfully simple. 19 degrees, baby! Winter's over!
I woke up today, hung-over but ridiculously hopeful. My flat was covered with cranberry juice and lime, had a bit of a party last night. Nothing fancy, just a couple of friends over for drinks and snacks. It got a bit rowdy, even though there were only 7 of us. Funny how that works. Evening started with everyone promising to go out but in fact in the end it was just me and Iris (a lovely Dutch girl who I've been clubbing a lot with lately) since the rest of the bunch bailed out, quelle surprise. The two party-princesses went to Grands Boulevards and ended up in O'Sullivan's of all places, we actually intended to go elsewhere but something kept us from leaving. Yes, there were some boys there as well...
So, today I've worked a little and inhaled some fresh spring air, aaah. Goodness. Got home and did exactly the opposite to what I always do; I actually cleaned up! Normally, I throw myself on my bed with my computer balancing on the top of my belly (coz my belly area has now become rather round and misshapen from no exercice and too much junk), and me repetitiously tapping into the surfthechannel network until the wee hours of the morning. But oh no, that was not the case. I owed up and did the dishes and scrubbed the floors because does he wash up? No he never washes up, does he clean up? No he never cleans up. The boy does nothing! What boy you might ask. Yes exactly. What boy?
There is no boy, not at this point. I'd love for there to be one though, I've sort of put my ferocious dating on hold for a bit. The february-depression sucked all the energy out of me, leaving me an empty inattractive shell. Grey and sullen as the Paris sky. Now the season's changing and my mood with it. The spark has returned in my eyes, the gait in my steps, my back is straight, my hairs is shiny, my... Ok I'll stop. Know this, I'm not done for. Far from it. I'm back, peoples, and then some. Just been browsing the internet for some job offers and plan to send out applications tomorrow. Only a bit scared though, these are not braindead, any-git-can-pull-it-off jobs, they're really demanding. If I'll claim that I am trilingual then I bloody better prove it too, and really, am I? And the interviews! I've never even been on an interview before. Or I have, the Gymboree one, but does it really count if they already had decided to hire me before even talking to me (there were no other candidates...)? Hmm. No sweat, I'll just keep riding on this wave of new-found energy I knew I always had in me but I just misplaced for a minute, and everything will turn out for the best.
Lots of work this month! Got some extra baby-sitting gigs, both with my old family and this new one in Neuilly (a really fancy part of Paris, anyone smell money? I do!), will go there on Wednesday and work for a couple of hours. Sweet. Also doing some extra Gymbo-sessions since my collegue and wing-woman Aude is lost in the Carribbeans. No I'm not jealous. I just wish it could be me sometimes you know, going away, drinking margharitas on the beach with cabana-boys swarming around me. That's a really nice thought, I'll hold on to that one. I need it to keep warm.
Speaking of keeping warm, exercise regime is going terribly. I sleep until late in the mornings even though that is the only time I have to go to the gym. It is a problem. And problems are there to be solved. So I have a solution, how about I go to bed earlier at night? Now, how's that for a plan, eh? Let's try something new shall we. My mother just told me something really clever, she said that the best exercice is the one that actually happens. No use talking about doing it, it just has to be done, other wise I'll end up fat and alone, a quiet clam on the bottom of the ocean. I might live to be a hundred, but what kind of life is that?
Need to hit the sack now, got Gymboree tomorrow morning as per usual and we're playing in the jungle, Hakuna Matata style. It's awsome, definitely my favourite theme so far. Or maybe Christmas was my favourite theme... No, too much glitter everywhere, was a pain in the crack to clean up afterwards.
Right, off I go, it's already way past my bed-time.

xoxo

Aucun commentaire: